Tropical Tower Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions on -rm

4 posters

Go down

Suggestions on -rm Empty Suggestions on -rm

Post by DRag0N_ATF 2012-01-18, 10:43

I have a couple of suggestions concerning Random Mirror mode. So..

1. When players are given their builders, a message saying about picks appears. If the mode was -ar, the message would be like
Player 1 has randomed The Creep King
Player 2 has randomed The Pure

etc.

But in case of -rm we would get
Players 1 and 4 both have randomed The Creep King
Players 1 and 4 both have randomed The Creep King
Players 2 and 5 both have randomed The Pure
Players 2 and 5 both have randomed The Pure

etc.

I mean it doubles which is pretty strange (imho). My suggestion is to cut excess lines.

2. Although I am of opinion it may be impossible to do, but..

Pre-game menu looks approximately like this:

Races of Bastion:
RED
BLUE
TEAL

Rift Minions:
PURPLE
YELLOW
ORANGE

Red and Orange get same races, as well as Blue and Yellow, and Teal and Purple.
Wouldn't it be more logical to swap PURPLE and ORANGE slots in the pre-game menu or swap colors of players in-game (Left Bottom player - Purple, Right Bottom - Orange)?
DRag0N_ATF
DRag0N_ATF

Suggestions on -rm Warrio10

Back to top Go down

Suggestions on -rm Empty Re: Suggestions on -rm

Post by LeafMuncher 2012-01-18, 17:24

The message should be easy enough to modify to remove the double lines.

I also think red and purple should be mirrored instead of red and orange, to make 1v1 -rm or -rmxf a better option.
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

Suggestions on -rm Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sympathic 2013-11-10, 06:26

Hm personally I find the message unneccesary. Its a nice little bonus but do you really need it? Nah. Since red and blue etc. have the same builders, all you need to do is think or look. Should be no problem for any advanced or even medium player.

However I find leafs idea of the mirror concept (mirrowing red and purple instead of red and blue as example) a good one. This would add a more unique option to the standard -rm. But i´d say: Dont change -rm, instead make a new random mirror mode so that there are 2 possible random mirrors. The "standard" random mirror where red and blue, yellow and orange and purple and teal are mirrored. And a new one(i´d call it "opposite random mirror or -orm) where red and purple are mirrored and teal and blue are mirrored.

edit: Another option would be: Instead of the fixed "opposite random mirror", you could instead make a "mixed random mirror"( -mrm) in which the mirrors are totally random. But I wouldnt advise that because of the last defender and side defenders, this will cause unbalance in some cases. But that would be an option to. Or you could add both, "opposite random mirror" and "mixed random mirror" to the game.

I would find both a very good idea, because it would add more unique ways of random mirror still with a fair balance, except "mixed random mirror" since the last defenders and sides builders may be different and that will cause some unfairness and unbalance depending on which builders they get. But I would still implement it because it gives more options to the plain old -rm.

Btw.: Isn´t it so that red and blue are mirrored? I cant remember red and orange to be mirrored, maybe I remember it wrong but wasn´t it so that red and blue were mirrored in TTW?
Sympathic
Sympathic

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2013-11-10, 11:03

Blue and Yellow are the middle positions. Having different combinations for -rm is a bit pointless unless swap got disabled. I only suggested updating who get's mirrored to improve 1v1 matchups
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

Suggestions on -rm Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by RUNK 2013-11-10, 22:50

"I also think red and purple should be mirrored instead of red and orange, to make 1v1 -rm or -rmxf a better option."
True Leaf
RUNK
RUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sympathic 2013-11-16, 06:01

LeafMuncher wrote:Blue and Yellow are the middle positions. Having different combinations for -rm is a bit pointless unless swap got disabled. I only suggested updating who get's mirrored to improve 1v1 matchups
Ups my bad, that comes from not playing in years.
Sympathic
Sympathic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down