Tropical Tower Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable/enable sweeping wave mode

3 posters

Go down

Disable/enable sweeping wave mode Empty Disable/enable sweeping wave mode

Post by DRag0N_ATF 2012-01-18, 11:03

It's common practice that many new players don't understand what vault abilities do. Explaining needs time and is getting just impossible if they can't read in english at all Smile And it's total fail when they start experimentating with all the abilities at once, especially if you have just sent, e.g. sas+dreads spam, and somebody uses Sweeping Wave... I agree, it's avoidable and/or preventable action, but adding disable/enable sweep mode for exact player would make our life easier Smile Usage of this mode should be initially allowed for Red and, I would say, Orange players (and they can disable sweep ability only for their teammates).
DRag0N_ATF
DRag0N_ATF

Disable/enable sweeping wave mode Warrio10

Back to top Go down

Disable/enable sweeping wave mode Empty Re: Disable/enable sweeping wave mode

Post by LeafMuncher 2012-01-18, 17:34

I don't like the suggestion much, all we need is a noob host disabling it for eveybody because he/she doesn't understand it. I know it's difficult teaching others, especially when they don't listen or understand what you're saying, but disabling part of the game mechanics simply won't help anybody to learn at all.

Think of sweep as denying creeps/heroes in dota. Imagine if there was a mode removing it. Nobody would get the chance to learn how to last hit properly. I do agree it's extremely annoying when I organise a teamsend and somebody decides to sweep my void/sas/etc, but I'll make sure they understand when or when not to sweep and help them learn (after a brief spell of raging and flaming Tongue)
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

Disable/enable sweeping wave mode Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by DRag0N_ATF 2012-01-20, 06:11

I was thinking how to make it ok, but ye, you've persuaded me Tongue The only solution is to make sure when sweep-wave is ready and to use it yourself Tongue
DRag0N_ATF
DRag0N_ATF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sympathic 2013-11-10, 06:42

I agree with leaf. The idea may be good but: Who will be in charge of enabling or disabling -sd? The host? Or the majority of team members? I.e. if 2 team members agree to disable -sd for the 3rd player in the team he/she cant use -sd.

Thats a huge problem. Also yeah I would say the same: If you disable -sd for newbs and/or noobs, they will never be able to learn it.

I think it´s a bad idea too.

Btw. I had this situation once: Me against 1 good pro player, not my level but hard to beat. My opponent had 2 medium players, I had 2 newbs or noobs. I saved 1 round and sent a devestating attack with a void and lots of creeps, and what happened? 1 of my teammates used sweep and killed my void and all creeps : /

Only happened to me once that my boss wave got swept by some newb/noob, but yeah can happen... Not much you can do about it though.
Sympathic
Sympathic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down