Tropical Tower Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About NON juggle Players

3 posters

Go down

About NON juggle Players Empty About NON juggle Players

Post by ForeverAlone 2011-04-17, 00:14

Hi everyone, i play ttw from the very start dont know when i started but it was at those times when everyone just builded line mazes and if you were trying to build someting "cooler" - BUM, so im not new in ttw and in my personal opinion ttw 4.8 version was total fail for non jugglers, and a total win for jugglers, and what i see now ttw died. In my country wc3 server there arent any ttw games now at all, on eurobattle i rarely see ttw games too, and i figured out why. There is juggle games and there was/are non juggle games. Team ttw "balanced" builders, they left less dps, added more restrictions, they balanced races for juggle games, they fixed "IMBA juggling", now you can block/juggle how long you want, but still you wont be able to kill mass/bosses that easylly even with full best deff. But it completely ruined non-juggling games, every non juggle game ends in elder round, the first team who send elder+sqsh = won. even if all team have decent deff, nearly full best(and its quite hard in non juggling games around that round) - they still will leak everything. Smile thats why many players left ttw, now creeps have many boosts, dreads speed, feel hound, etc.. and towers, are weaker.Now it's impossible to enjoy ttw game without juggle - if you want to play, you need to juggle.. Why there isint any mode for non juggle game? Straight maybe you guys could add non juggle mode in future? like no elder or smth, becouse sqsh+elder is too imba. When you play no undefs game if some moron sends it, you loose 2 life, but if someone sends elder you loose 15+ lifes.. remember its non juggle game, if you guys dont believe me try it by yourselves in "training" mode try to kill sqsh+elder+mass without juggle. ^^ only dragons can do it and a few more even ancient forester cant do that, and ice dragons atk spd was reduced.. but dreads and creeps were boosted now "deffenders" are useless, only incomers can win the game, inc, inc, inc - elder+sqsh = win, in 4.7 with full deff at round 49 you could f*** up other team's "sqsh" plan, and now you cant do anything just wait till the game ends... dont you guys think its stupid?

ForeverAlone

About NON juggle Players Warrio10

Back to top Go down

About NON juggle Players Empty Re: About NON juggle Players

Post by MoJo 2011-04-17, 02:52

I play ttw from the 5.45 versions when juggle wasn't used, and even then games usually ended at elder.
But mainly i totally agree with you. The game went towards juggling and made the creeps and bosses waaaay more harder to kill.
We just to have to accept that TTW has evolved in a state which juggling is absolutely necessary to survive and non-juggling games are a thing of the past.
You either adapt to the changes .... or you quit... as sadly many did.

MoJo

About NON juggle Players Tinker12

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2011-04-17, 10:40

A few years ago I would have agreed entirely, but then I started juggling myself
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

About NON juggle Players Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverAlone 2011-04-17, 20:25

Well thats why i suggested non juggle mode or smth, or maybe "easyer creeps,bosses" mode. P.s i know how to juggle and i juggle quite good, but i just dont like juggle games. Non juggle games require more skills, more knowledge about game,races,creeps you have to know how to build, where to place tower. you have to know every aspect of the game. and in juggle games all those little details you can "fix" with juggle.Smile i remember when i had to use about 10 different mazes for different races to build ulti towers in best places, where sqsh aura wont reach them and so on. and with juggle there isint any need for that anymore it's alot easyer to be a good ttw player if you know how to juggle endlessly. eh nostalgic ttw memories.

ForeverAlone

Back to top Go down

Post by MoJo 2011-04-17, 22:16

Nice too see players that miss those times.
Don't know who you are but you are one of my favourite users in this forum Smile ... nice entrance.
I expect an introduction from you.

MoJo

About NON juggle Players Tinker12

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2011-04-17, 23:29

I agree to a certain extent. All the skills used without juggling are still very important with juggling. With juggling it is easier, I agree, but when proper team-sends became the norm, it was common for games to end long before Voids were ready to be sent, with a score difference of about 4-0 depending on who sent or defended best.

Juggling means that now ogres aren't the point where one team overtakes the other based on pressure or recklessness.

I prefer to think of juggling as an added skill rather than something that removes the need for other skills. Back in the day I hated jugglers, but it became necessary for me as a goalie, and later I started using it as a defender

I still use about 10 different mazes for juggling based on builder strengths, but I have even more non juggle mazes I still use in pub games from time to time.

The previous development and testing team focused on improving juggling, and in the end, I think it is what sets TTW aside from other Maul type tower-wars.

The way I see it is that if you have two players who juggle with the same skill, but one player has better placement and maze structure, that player will gain an income advantage and take the lead in early pressure and late game sends.

I know I'm not as good at juggling as many of the other players I play with, but my knowledge usually helps me take them out anyway. There is plenty skill in juggling, but that's just one factor of the game.

Another thing I wanted to mention:
Creeps and bosses have been upgraded, but the new vault ability makes up for it I feel. Wolves and dreads move faster, but now you can perma bash them instead. As for late game, some builders can take a sas to pieces with or without juggling, dragons being one example; paladin, beast, flame, pure, buzan and tree being some of the other prominent examples (lets not forget Goblin and Evo while we're at it)
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverAlone 2011-04-19, 17:42

Mojo, i dont know how to introduce myself (blush) xD p.s evo isint that good at late to me at least, its too expensive + nearly impossible to make max, till sqsh/elder bosses. and without max you leak elders. But its cool that in 4.8 evo was improved. In my country there were only few ttw players but really great ones, i usually play goale (my motto is not to leak anything no matter what till sqsh round, at least) xD i were quite a good kill spec (at least i think so)

And about pressue in 4.7 best matches i had, (with best my country players) there allways were highest pressue possible in both sides, usually river fully blocked, corner players(incomers) never had any creeps,bosses to send. And in round 10 there allways were about 3ogres, 3shamans 6 crabs and 4-10 pandas (aka spiders now) And still first leaks were in elder rounds mainly, sometimes void, tidal.. unless others tactically let one slip in early round. Eww good old times, i was quite a good noname player xD and now im useless. :>

P.s sorry for my bad english.

ForeverAlone

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2011-04-19, 18:20

River fully blocked is the exact opposite of pressure, just saying.
I would rather have 3 voids coming my way at 1 block per second than 1 void at full speed. I used to spam like that, then I changed my style when I noticed that happening too much.

PS Your English was fine Tongue
PPS Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" sub-forum if you want
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down