Tropical Tower Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, turns out I'm a noob...

+3
H3katonkheir
}{odge-Podge
NinoDoko
7 posters

Go down

So, turns out I'm a noob... Empty So, turns out I'm a noob...

Post by NinoDoko 2011-07-20, 21:20

Warning : Wall of text. There is a tl;dr if you are a lazy bum Tongue

I am a noob.
And no, not the kind that uses 1337 talk or has fail homepages Tongue

Rather, I'm the kind of person that has played a game for a long time, knows how to play (so I'm not a newbie) but hasn't improved all that much. In fact, the only improvement was learning the double zipper and double spiral mazes.

What actually happened?
Well, I used to play a lot of TTW. After some time, I learned how to optimize my defense using minimal gold by using mazes people rarely used (the zipper one is one of them) and they were confused, leading them to play more defensively and allowing me to push income. I then found out how to maximize defense without relying on people being confused and still rush income.

Then I organized pushes, sent bosses, organized rains and stuns and whatnot. Life was good. So I decided I need a break of TTW and played other games.

I just recently came back and played a few games. Granted my enemies weren't really that good at all, the zipper maze still worked, I still rush income, organize stuff etc.
And I decided to visit the forums.

And oh boy, I suck at this game.

I don't know juggling. I don't know boss spawn times. I don't know creep spawn times. I only know a handful of mazes. Heck, I don't even know a handful of mazes, only like 2-3. I don't know what Primal Dominance aura does ( I wanted that to be the first post on this forum, actually Tongue ).

In short, I know very little about this game. It's like playing dota without knowing creep spawn times or warding - you can play it without them, but you're not efficient at all, and a player who knows them will beat you in most cases.

Anyway, I read all the guides and stuff, so I have, now, a basic idea of juggling and all the stuff I mentioned.

I want to know - how do I improve? How do I become a player way higher than garena players and that can fit into the "twilight" community (I didn't even know what that it until now : > ) Think of yourself as a DotA player that knows all heroes and item builds but needs to develop basic team skills and certain mechanics of the game.

(p.s. the reason i use dota is because everyone knows it and can probably relate, so it's the easiest way to say what I want to say so you can get it Tongue )

tl;dr I know the basics of this game but I need to improve at a decent level compared to the people on this forum. How do I do that? :3
NinoDoko
NinoDoko

So, turns out I'm a noob... Warrio10

Back to top Go down

So, turns out I'm a noob... Empty Re: So, turns out I'm a noob...

Post by }{odge-Podge 2011-07-21, 00:32

Talk to Leafy (He is TTW Jesus Tongue )
And don't worry, you aren't the only ''noob" on the forum Tongue I can't even remember how to play! Laugh
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

So, turns out I'm a noob... Ancest12

https://tropicaltowerwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir 2011-07-21, 17:07

I'm happy to hear that you've been reading the articles and guides Smile.

I would take a moment to just get back into the game a bit, maybe learn a couple new mazes (or invent your own), get the hang of some of those long forgotten builders and what not.

If you want to effectively organise sends, you may need to learn about some the boss spawn times (MUST KNOW: Elder Sasquatch [1 second before round 50]).

Most Garena people (at least in my limited knowledge - so forgive me if I am wrong), do not juggle (or prefer not to). Give juggling a try, it will almost definitely give you an edge.

As for Primal Dominance Aura (Stalker ability).
The Stalker grants all units within its (~800) radius, a massive evasion chance (~75%). This unit needs to be the focus of your attacks when it arrives. D3zmodos can fill you in on the exact details Smile
Sorry that there isn't documentation up on the creeps / bosses / builders at the moment. It is being worked on.
H3katonkheir
H3katonkheir

So, turns out I'm a noob... H3kato10

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2011-07-21, 18:16

Thanks for the "TTW Jesus" comment Hodge, but to be fair there are quite a few Garena guys on the same level as me (and better, considering I'm very rusty). TTW has somewhat died over the last couple years on Twilight, but there is still a group of us who like to think we know what we're doing.

You just need to find the right Garena guys to play against. About 2 years ago yes, the Twilight Community was by far the higher skilled group (with our fair share of noobs nonetheless).

Back on topic:

My main goal in TTW at the moment is getting a larger high skill community on Twilight again, as well as other servers, so the majority of my time is spent teaching noobs and newbies alike all that I can.

Creep spawns and the rest are based almost entirely on experience, though bosses are easier to judge based on when you upgraded your shrine. For example if you upgrade to boss shrine 2 as soon as round 23 starts, you can send a Void before round 25 ends, but if you are late by 5 seconds into the round, you can only send during round 27 (Wagons are similar, 48 or 49 instead).

Once you know how to juggle, its purely practice and experience.

Long ago I used to think I was by far the best income spec on Twilight, until I came across 2 others who kept up with me. The best way to improve on your income is to find somebody who sends just as hard or harder, and try beat them

PS, I use dota metaphors all the time Tongue
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

So, turns out I'm a noob... Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by NinoDoko 2011-07-22, 11:47

Thanks for all the tips Smile

As for mazes, I'm using a double spiral variation which allows me to juggle effectively. But since I'm a goalie wannabe, I need to learn one of those goalie juggles ^^

And yes, there are good players on garena. Just yesterday, I was competing for income with another guy, and we had like 3x the income of the other players Excited
But I was the goalie so I had to build up at one point and eventually lost the income war.

And um... I guess the best way to practice boss sends and whatnot is just practice. Hopefully more ttw hosts will appear today, they're pretty rare Undecided

Edit : While we're here, a question about juggling. Normally, if you juggle a creep too much, it gets teleported... do you lose lives or something for that? Or do they just disappear?
NinoDoko
NinoDoko

Back to top Go down

Post by }{odge-Podge 2011-07-27, 11:39

H3katonkheir wrote:Sorry that there isn't documentation up on the creeps / bosses / builders at the moment. It is being worked on.

^ As I am the one working on the thing that is going to make these things, I should also appologise for the delay, I'm working on it Tongue Just being a lazy boon at the moment Laugh

LeafMuncher wrote:Thanks for the "TTW Jesus" comment Hodge

^ You are very welcome Tongue

NinoDoko wrote:Edit : While we're here, a question about juggling. Normally, if you juggle a creep too much, it gets teleported... do you lose lives or something for that? Or do they just disappear?

^ They teleport to the next region (eg. Defender -> Goalie. Goalie -> Boat) I think. Otherwise they just teleport to your boat, but either way they do cost lives, simmilar to a blocking explosion. Also don't block juggle (H3ka can explain more Tongue) 'coz then they explode and it's also just bad practise.
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumiar 2012-01-28, 17:27

Just registered here and now I feel noob too Sad I never wanted to learn juggling because I just think its very stupid. But hey if someone is looking for games in Garena, contact me! Same name in Garena Wink gotta go lobby full-->

Azumiar

Back to top Go down

Post by Valjavec 2012-01-30, 18:27

Iv been internetless for 2 weeks, but im back now got new internet connection hoping i can host ttw now, not depend on my garena buddys when they are here, if you want to play sometimes add me my nick is .|c00000000stef
Valjavec
Valjavec

So, turns out I'm a noob... Tinker12

Back to top Go down

Post by }{odge-Podge 2012-02-07, 11:48

Azumiar wrote:Just registered here and now I feel noob too Sad I never wanted to learn juggling because I just think its very stupid. But hey if someone is looking for games in Garena, contact me! Same name in Garena Wink gotta go lobby full-->

Dude... Juggling is the only way to be really good at this game. It is hard, not stupid. It's easy to learn how to do though and is not illegal (garena players seem to think that juggling is illegal... Undecided ) Leafy and H3ka are two people who I know can juggle well and can teach if you want. I suggest you learn it even though you think it's stupid Tongue
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2012-02-08, 00:19

Let this post serve as a first warning to Death_Warden for flaming, trolling and directly attacking other forum users. Above post was deleted (H3ka beat me to it), next offense is a ban. Thank you, have a good day all Smile

Back on topic: juggling is not the only way to get good. The best players were well above average long before they started juggling. It is however a very useful tool, much like denying creeps in dota, that is almost compulsory in high level games
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

So, turns out I'm a noob... Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Warden 2012-02-08, 08:05

Soz
Death_Warden
Death_Warden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum