Tropical Tower Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Content Mode

5 posters

Go down

New Content Mode Empty New Content Mode

Post by LeafMuncher 2011-02-09, 14:39

OK, I discussed this a while back with H3k and he seemed interested in the concept.
I proposed that there could be a mode that enabled (or disabled) new content added to the map, such as vault abilities, new creeps or bosses, or new builders.
This would mean that builders, etc that are new and possibly not fully balanced or bugged, would not affect "serious" games like tournaments, but are fully available in casual games.

This would act much in the same way as -cm in dota, where as newer heroes are deemed balanced and "tournament ready" they are incorporated.

This basically means that all the "new" stuff can be freely enabled and disabled for enjoyment in pub games and maximum balancing for serious games (clannies, tourneys, "me and my 1337 team will beat u guys!", etc)

While I know balancing is the highest priority when new content is added, there are always things that can be overlooked (such as tidal waves insane dps in 5.47)

What do you guys think?
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

New Content Mode Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

New Content Mode Empty Re: New Content Mode

Post by }{odge-Podge 2011-02-09, 15:04

I think it is a brilliant idea Tongue I say lets put it in! Excited
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

New Content Mode Ancest12

https://tropicaltowerwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoJo 2011-02-09, 15:08

Nice idea, but a bit too soon to be implemented.
I dont see a tourney happening soon.
But yes, if TTW gets the popularity it once had, this mode can be usefull

MoJo

New Content Mode Tinker12

Back to top Go down

Post by }{odge-Podge 2011-02-09, 15:12

Gotta get TTW popularity up again first, which I am currently in the process of doing, but getting nowhere very quickly...
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenjm 2011-02-15, 11:32

TTW was more popular than it is now? how much more?
stevenjm
stevenjm

New Content Mode Warrio10

Back to top Go down

Post by H3katonkheir 2011-02-15, 16:52

For quite a few of us, we've seen TTW's popularity rise and fall.
It used to be very much popular, there was usually at least 1 game hosted or you hardly ever had to wait more than 5 minutes.
H3katonkheir
H3katonkheir

New Content Mode H3kato10

Back to top Go down

Post by }{odge-Podge 2011-02-16, 10:05

Yeah Excited but that was back in the day when I still played WarCraft xD which was a while ago. But yes, it was extremely popular, and well known. BUt HoN has kinda killed it, and StarCraft 2 also beat it down somewhat. But we are comming back! Tongue I've just affiliated with two major sites and we will hopefully be getting popular again Tongue and then it is on to a stand alone version! Tongue and maybe even StarCraft 2 Tongue
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenjm 2011-02-16, 10:14

}{odge-Podge wrote:I've just affiliated with two major sites and we will hopefully be getting popular again Tongue and then it is on to a stand alone version! Tongue and maybe even StarCraft 2 Tongue

Meaning standalone - what does that imply?

Regarding popularity - I have been playing it daily for a month and a half or so and host when ever I play - that usually ends up being between 5 - 10 games a day.

My thoughts on it are the following;

the people that "love" or "loved" it find that noobs cant cope with it, obviously given the fact that regular players have been exposed to all the races and the abilities etc. So what is happening is the regulars are playing the regulars more and more and skills are being noticed and played against - forcing new strategies.

I have a couple of suggestions which might work but i need to get them out my head onto paper first before putting it forward.

Will do that as soon as I can
stevenjm
stevenjm

New Content Mode Warrio10

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2011-02-16, 13:34

Put it in the strategies section.
I think I can confidently name all the "regulars" on twilight (half of which are in my clan Tongue), and I've seen them come and go, but always there was a clear difference between beginners, intermediates, pros, and those few godlike players.

I remember feeling like I failed if I didn't triple the other team's combined income in a pub game (it happened practically every second game), and that was when it was super popular. The smaller group that are playing now on Twilight are overall more skilled I would say, and noobs are able to learn pretty quickly thanks to people like me who are willing to teach them
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

New Content Mode Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-03-07, 16:34

Just to add on to the popularity of TTW. When I first joined W3 online in 2008 TTW was one of the first regular games I would play on a daily basis for hours on end. Used to play avidly for roughly a year + then just stopped due to lack of interest and repetition (which is another thing I can't deal with)...

When I saw TTW had a new map out I started playing again, but none of the regulars I used to play with with for hours back in the days were playing anymore...

I am glad to see that the hand full of regulars currently playing TTW is slowly growing again. I think the more we host, the more they'll play and the more they play, and so on and so forth...

Like I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I am looking forward to the "stand alone" version of TTW...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down