Tropical Tower Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone still play?

+2
RUNK
DiscoBBQ
6 posters

Go down

Does anyone still play? Empty Does anyone still play?

Post by DiscoBBQ 2013-04-25, 14:32

Hi everyone, i've allways loved TTW but i stopped playing WC3. I decided to install it again after a couple of years but now i see that the customgame section is a wasteland of empty bots. I can't find any TTW's on garena either, does anyone still play?

Hugs and kisses

Disco

DiscoBBQ

Does anyone still play? Warrio10

Back to top Go down

Does anyone still play? Empty Re: Does anyone still play?

Post by RUNK 2013-04-25, 16:45

I play too on Garena servers , every day i play with noos, add me in skype for to play TTW.
RUNK
RUNK

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2013-04-27, 12:21

I play TTW often enough, but the Warcraft 3 community in general has gone quiet world-wide following the release of Starcraft 2 and the popularity of Dota 2.
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

Does anyone still play? Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by FlaMeBeRg 2013-04-27, 15:19

On the South African server we have about 10 TTW's hosted per day depending on which day it really is
FlaMeBeRg
FlaMeBeRg

Does anyone still play? Flame10

http://www.bnkr.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Nesquik 2013-04-28, 06:52

When I have a more powerful Internet provider, I'll run the bot again.
Nesquik
Nesquik

Does anyone still play? Tinker12

http://www.tropicaltowerwars.ru/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sympathic 2013-11-10, 06:50

I´m thinking about playing again. Btw. disqo remember me? It´s Sym Tongue At least I can remember you, im sure we have met and played in Garena.

But I definitely cant host anymore at the moment, my internet provider has gotten shitty and my connection slow... Enough for playing, but downloads etc. are slow despite that I got 16mb...

Last edited by Sympathic on 2013-11-16, 05:54; edited 1 time in total
Sympathic
Sympathic

Back to top Go down

Post by LeafMuncher 2013-11-10, 11:06

1st World people complaining about internet makes me cry T_T
I have to feel happy about a 2mb line that gets shaped and throttled heavily and costs twice as much as a 20mb line in Europe xD
LeafMuncher
LeafMuncher

Does anyone still play? Leafmu10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sympathic 2013-11-16, 05:53

https://tropicaltowerwars.forumotion.com/post?p=3440&mode=quote

LeafMuncher wrote:1st World people complaining about internet makes me cry T_T
I have to feel happy about a 2mb line that gets shaped and throttled heavily and costs twice as much as a 20mb line in Europe xD
Ouch^^ But double price for a 2mb line? Jesus. Totally agree... makes me kinda cry to T_T

At least that how it is in Germany at the moment :S No joke, many internet providers nowadays simply suck and rip you off, especially mine.

All I can further say to this: It wasn´t always so, also not with my connection. Our first world nations had a glorious time indeed, but it has gone down rapidly since 2000 and it´s getting ever worse. Not only internet but other things to. I could write a huge roman, maybe I will do this off topic later.

However: When I started with my provider and my 16mb connection, I had 4,7mb per sek download rate and in speed tests. Normal, since it depends on where your connector or connection station("verteiler" in German) stands, for every kilometer(about 0,75miles) to your connecting station you loose 1-2mb. So it´s actually quite unaviodable that if you have for example a 16mb connection, you never will be able to download or surf with 16mb per sek.

But thats not tragic. In the same flat with the same provider I had 4,7mb download per sek. Enough for everything you need or at least I needed. However guess what my download and surfspeed is today?(I tested it multiply times with different speed tests). 1,1mb only Sad

And for some reason, most downloads only give me 165kb´s, opera is the only exception which reaches the 1,1mb. Still 1,1 mb? It was 4 times as much 2-3 years ago, what the...?

I seriously need to change my provider, but I lack money to do so at the moment. Well in germany in 2012, they passed a law bill that allowed to providers to nerf our bandwidth down to a minimum of 36kb´s per sec at will. If our providers deem it´s "to much for their servers" they can nerf us down to 36kb´s minimum at anytime, despite that you have a contract that actually ensures you 16mb bandwidth.... This is no joke unfortunately, thats why since 2012 many people in Germany have slow internet and/or bandwidth problems.

However I agree with you again: Double price for only 2mb? That´s a rip off : /

It´s a joke what this world has become today. Also agree that you would think 1st world countries like Germany or Italy, Britain, america etc. got it better. Well we still have it better at the moment that´s true. But its going more and more down in our 1st world nations. If this goes on, it´s only a matter of time before we will reach the same level... Sad

Well at least im not alone, if it continues this way in like 6-10 years you can count me in your club of slow connection speed to xD

At moments like this I dont know if I should laugh or cry, it´s definitely better to laugh though.
Sympathic
Sympathic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down