Tropical Tower Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you play, when not playing TTW

3 posters

Go down

What genres do you play?

What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_lcap25%What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_lcap38%What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_lcap0%What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_lcap25%What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_lcap12%What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_lcap0%What do you play, when not playing TTW I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

What do you play, when not playing TTW Empty What do you play, when not playing TTW

Post by }{odge-Podge 2010-12-30, 13:28

Hi there Smile

I'm just posting this, because it's always good to see what different genre of maps are enjoyed by people while they arn't playing TTW. This also allows the Development team to work to making TTW enjoyed by absolutely everybody, because it has the types of things that are used to being seen in other genres of map.
Just by the way, TTW is regarded as a "Maul" and not a "TD"

Here are the genres:
This is a poll related topic, and the descriptions listed below are just there to give you more information on the different genres on which you can select (You may select more than one choice)

Tower Defense (TD):
"A game mode or compelation of game modes is selected, and you select a builder or building class / race, and attempt to fend off waves of periodically, or self timely spawned creeps, which run down a pre-determined path towards either a player specific ending area, or a universally shared ending area, by building towers along the path to kill the creeps."
Well known Tower Defense: Green TD

Hero Defense:
"A game mode or compelation of game modes is selected, and depending on the mode you are either given a collection of heroes to select from, randomed a hero, or given freedom of choice. Periodically waves of creeps from the opposing teams will move towards the enemy base, to try and destroy their main structure. Your job is to kill off the enemy waves of creeps while fending off opposing heroes and supporting allied heroes. You also try to gain amounts of gold to be able to purchase items, which enable you to do all of the above to better effect. This form of game is enjoyed by many many people, and is most probably the most famous type of genre."
Well known Hero Defense: Defense of the Ancients (DotA)

Arena:
"A game mode, or compelation of game modes are selected, and then depending on the mode, you are either given a collection of heroes, randomed a hero, or given freedom of choice. You are then given chance to kill creeps to gain experience, and attain items so that you may stand a chance against other heroes when you are entered into the arena. In the arena, you are pitted against either one, or multiple heroes (who are all pitted against eachother, as well as you). The winner is the person who survives the enevitable 1 vs 1 match up that is either there to begin with, or is at the end of the fight."
Well known Area: Angel Arena
I'm not too sure about this one, as I'm not really a big fan, so if there is anything that is wrong, or that I have left out, please just let me know, and I'll put it in here Smile

Role Playing Game (RPG):
"Role Playing Games a very complex genre of map. They require you to select a hero, or hero class, and then play through a series of quests specific to the story line of the game. Role playing games are all about the effects, and visuals, and will thus always be very large maps (+6mB). Due to the story line aspect of RPGs, many are based on external games, media, which allows for the story line to be followed easily, and work well, although there are some very well made PRGs with custom storylines. A Role Playing Game will always require two or more people for it to be fun, but it can be played solo if you wish."
Well known Role Playing Game: Final Fantasy RPG

Open Role Playing Game (ORPG):
"An Open Role Playing Game is exactly the same as a Role Playing Game, except that it is about 4, or 5 times longer, and is an extremely huge type of map (+7.5mB), with extreme attention to detail, and variance (for replayability). The reasons for all of this is because an ORPG allows you to save all aspects of your hero (except experience in most cases) and load them when you play the ORPG again. This allows for very long quests, with a lot of detail to be created, which allows for amazingly creative and detailed storylines to be the baseline of the entire map. ORPGs will also have very complex systems in place, and be over the top with changes to default Warcraft settings, like the attributes and inventory systems. The look and layout will also change drastically and look very awesome. An ORPG, because it takes so long to finnish, will also have little ways of providing fun, and entertainment, such as a Player vs Player Area, and funny Easter Eggs like exploding NCPs and whacky music. The maximum level reachable in an ORPG is also very high, sometimes in the hundreds. There will also be cray amount of items to find, so that customizability is great."
Well known Open Role Playing Game: The Kingdom of Kalliron (TKoK)

Footman Frenzy:
Erm... Not to sure about this one. Help me please?

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please just copy the whole section of text, and paste the whole section with corrected text in a quotation
Code:
[quote]<text here>[/quote]
, as it just makes it easier for me to add into the text Smile

When you make your selections, please note that you may select more than one choice, and that you must also post your selections, along with the maps of that genre that you play, in this format (just copy paste the code Smile ) :

Code:
[b]Choices:[/b]
<Choices Here>

[b]Maps in genre:[/b]
[i]<Choice 1>:[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[i]<Choice 2>:[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
etc
[b]Corrections / Additions:[/b]
[i]Corrections:[/i]
<Corrected text here>

[i]Additions:[/i]
[list][*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

Last edited by }{odge-Podge on 2010-12-30, 13:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed layout)
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

What do you play, when not playing TTW Ancest12

https://tropicaltowerwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do you play, when not playing TTW Empty Re: What do you play, when not playing TTW

Post by }{odge-Podge 2010-12-30, 13:39

Choices:
Tower Defense (TD), Hero Defense, Open Role Playing Game (ORPG)

Maps in genre:
Tower Defense (TD):
  • YouTD
  • Eeve TD
  • Element TD

Hero Defense:
  • Defense of the Ancients (DotA)

Role Playing Game (RPG):
  • Diablo III New Tristram (you can download this super epic map here)

Open Role Playing Game (ORPG):
  • The Kingdom of Kalliron (TKoK)
  • D3fi4nce's ORPG
  • Nikba's ORPG
  • Guilds of Hypos ORPG
  • The Black Road ORPG
  • The Calling ORPG (TCORPG (I made this one!!! Excited (Well, I'm still working on it, but yeah, I play it Tongue)))

Corrections / Additions:
Corrections:
N/A

Additions:
N/A
}{odge-Podge
}{odge-Podge

What do you play, when not playing TTW Ancest12

https://tropicaltowerwars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do you play, when not playing TTW Empty Re: What do you play, when not playing TTW

Post by MoJo 2010-12-30, 16:11

Wow that diablo III map really is epic.
Is almost as good as a demo before the release.
And btw, release date for diablo is still unknown ?

Now for my war3 games ...
I play alot of Green Circle TD's with my mates when we gather, and of course DoTa. Since TTW dropped a bit in popularity my main war3 map played is dota.
Also i played for about half of year Twilight's EVE, a really nice ORPG map, but after i got the best items with every character, it got boring.

That's about it for my war3 played maps.

Now for the proper format :

Choices:
Tower Defense (TD), Hero Defense, ORPG

Maps in genre:
Tower Defense (TD):
  • Green Circle TD
  • Green TD
  • Legion TD

Hero Defense:
  • DOTA
  • Hero Line War

ORPG:
  • Twilight's EVE

MoJo

What do you play, when not playing TTW Tinker12

Back to top Go down

Post by vAnKaTa_G.G. 2010-12-30, 16:41

To be honest right now if I'm playing warcraft I am either playing TTW or SWAT Aftermath. I have really stopped playing warcraft so often as I used to.
Right now outside of warcraft I'm currently playing:
  • Minecraft (worst graphics and best gameplay I have ever seen xD)
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Amnesia: The Dark Decent

Just waiting for Ubisoft to release Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for PC. Tongue
vAnKaTa_G.G.
vAnKaTa_G.G.

What do you play, when not playing TTW Warrio10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down